LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The miracle of life!

We have a TON of dairy farms around us. We were driving past Danzien Dairy last weekend and we saw a lone cow and calf out in the field near the road. Michael realized that the cord was still hanging from the Mom and then we realized that this calf was very new to this world. The momma was still licking on the baby to get her clean.  Her colors were so bright. The white looks so clean and the black is so deep. The momma cow was very concerned after we turned around to park and watch the situation. It was so sweet to see the baby cow trying to take steps to get to the momma. I got some really great video of it that I will post when I get my dumb video to upload. It was great because we didn't "see" it being born, but the kids got to watch this baby and its momma interact. Very cool!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I've never seen such a clean cow. That sounds like a really cool experience for the kids to have, without all the ickiness. :)