LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas trees

I love our Christmas tree.
 

This is our old tree. It's 6 1/2 feet and don't ask me how Michael got this over his head and onto our niche ledge near the ceiling in the living room. It looks great with a few snowflakes and my poinsettia flowers underneath.


This is a great invention. This is how we are able to turn the lights on our tree in the niche on and off. We have a plug in the niche, but no light switch to activate the switch from below. We thought we were going to have to have the ladder out and plug it in every night. This is a wireless switch controller. We can even be under the stairs and turn the lights on. I love it!


I also love our reindeer clan. My Mom did an awesome job knitting these stocking for my kids. My sister, Melynda's girls have a reindeer, a brown bear, and a polar bear. My Mom made Sarah-Jean's, Kayla's, and Chelsea's stockings at least 17-21 years ago. So, it was awesome of her to pull out the old pattern and put these together for my kiddos. I had her make Madelyn's reindeer with a red nose since she is the oldest. I think they look really nice. The other stocking is a store stocking for Cayman (Michael tacked that one up).
 
Here is my calendar. I love changing it every month.

*on a side note, I am so excited that I changed my editing tools and now my posts post the way I intend with the pictures and words in the right position. It just annoyed me. YEAH!!!

No comments: