LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Friday, January 14, 2011

tires

We have had 5 tires go on our 3 cars since October. First, the big van's tire blew on my way home from dropping off 3 kids at school one morning. Thankfully Michael was in town and I was able to get to a phone to call him. He came and saved me when I was nine months prego and had Miley and Merrick with me.

Then, the Maxima's tire has been loosing air for a few months. Finally it blew a few weeks ago in December on Michael's way home from work. There was a nail in the tire.

After we had the baby we found a good deal on a used minivan. We decided to buy it and use it for day to day driving so that we could save some gas from driving the big van all the time. About two or three weeks after getting it we had a flat on the rear driver side. I had to replace it. Last week we noticed that the same tire was almost flat again. So, we had the nail removed and the tire patched (thank goodness for that road hazard insurance for the tire). Now pan to Tuesday night. I drove the minivan to pick up Michael at the airport with no issues. The next morning the rear passenger tire was flat with a nail in it. I had to go get a new tire for it.

We seem to be having really bad luck on the tire front. I will say that they are horrible at cleaning off streets here. There is brand new road surface down the road from us and it is covered with stuff from car accidents that they never fully clean up. The thing is that we haven't changed our driving patterns and suddenly we are getting a lot of nails in our tires. We are thinking that it is just coincidence. But if it continues.... we may have to start thinking that it has something to do with the situation in the post below. It would be pretty genius if it was. For now we are optimistic.

No comments: