LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Big surgery for a little girl

Miley had her very first surgery today - dental surgery. My kids have horrible teeth (most of it my fault for giving up when I was being hit and pinched every day). We were lucky that Nana is here and was able to stay with the other kids. She is such a sweet little girl. She wanted me to go with her. We had to be at the Phoenix Children's Hospital at 6am. I loaded her up in her pjs and we headed to the hospital about 5:30 am. They were really sweet to her. She got to put on these super cute purple pjs there. They gave her a beanie baby and she got a coloring book and markers. She was happy and good the whole time.




Then they gave her a shot (drink) of Versa. This is how she was within ten minutes of taking the Versa - from this point on she could not remember anything.

She started giggling when the dentist, Dr. Gregg, walked out of the room. She said, "He had two heads!" Later she started counting my eyes. She got to three before she quit counting.

I don't have any after pictures because she did not wake up from the Anesthesia well. She was hysterical and refused to open her eyes. She went through a lot - they pulled 3 teeth and had to do fillings and crowns. Hopefully she will be good from here on out.




I gotta say that I have the utmost respect for Doctors and Nurses - especially the ones that work with children. While we were in the waiting area a physical therapist was making this little boy push a chair through the hallway and his parents were so proud that he pushed it all the way down the hall. I am so grateful that there are people who can handle their emotions and work to make kids better no matter how bad things are. I could barely stand it and I was at the hospital for only half a day. I am also grateful for my kids good health. We are truly blessed.

No comments: