LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let it Snow!

Merrick has wanted to see snow for 3 years now and there always seems to be some reason that we don't go see it. I will say that is one nice thing about living in Phoenix, we have mild winters with no snow yet 2 hours away you can get to the snow to visit it. This year we decided we were going while the kids were on break and since Cayman passed away and we didn't have to worry about her any more. The only bad thing is that we don't have cold weather clothes. They have light jackets and mittens and hats but I had to get them boots and warm fleece pants and jackets.

We headed up to Flagstaff on 12/30. We ate a nice dinner and hung out at the hotel and went sightseeing that day. We decided to go play in the snow the next day when we would have a whole day to play. We got up early, ate breakfast at the hotel and then we went swimming. Crazy, I know, to go swimming when it is snowing. Half of the pool was heated so it wasn't so bad. Although we did send Madelyn to see if through the divide it was cold - it was. Then we all jumped in the outdoor hot tub. Oh memories of our hot tub in our back yard in Georgia. It was nice to go jump in on a cold night and then run back inside to dry off.
I had left my camera in the van that night and it would not quit fogging when I brought it in to the warm room.

From there we got decked out in snow clothes at went near snow bowl to play. There were so many snowmen on the sides of the road. I don't think I have ever seen so many snowmen and it snowed every year in Illinois.





 We bought 2 sleds when we were there. Merrick got pretty good at going sledding. We did get there when they hadn't had snow in a week so the snow was melting more every day. I'm sure there was much more snow during Christmas day.

 You can see how the snow is melting. There was one hill that everyone was having to use and it got pretty crowded.
Poor baby. He napped the entire time they sledded and I stayed in the van with him. I got him all suited up to go and then we saw them walking back. What a cutie!

After they finished sledding the hill here we decided to go on the side of the road where we saw a lot of snow and make a snowman.
He didn't like falling into the snow very much.


 Poor Miley wanted to build a snowman and put this hat, eyes, and carrot nose that we found at Target on them. Too bad our short attempt of building one was too small for it. Next time maybe.
 Michael Patrick getting his sled ride.

 giddy-up sled!
 The kids attempting a snow man. The snow was melting and hard so it didn't work too well.

 Merrick was so excited to have a snowball fight. I love how you can see the snowball mid flight. He's got a good arm.
 Other than build a snowman Miley's one thing she wanted to do was eat snow - only white snow.
Meet our snowman. I think he would be perfect for the Smurfs - about three apples high!
 More snowball fun.
 Michael Patrick had his fill of snow at this point.
 San Fransisco Peak
 Two of my favorite guys!
 We had so much fun on this trip spending time together. What could be better?
Starting his career young. Engineers make a lot of money.

 Mom, this is for you. Notice the baby's toes. Reminds me of you. He's always crossed his ankles since he was born. Madelyn was sharing some music with him. What a good sister.

The true measure of a good trip. Here we are headed home after a fun filled day.

No comments: