All ready for their first day!
This year since our carpool friends moved, we decided to join the walking school bus. Basically we park down a few streets from the school at 2 or 3 adults walk the group of kids to school and then they gather the kids after school and walk the kids back to the stop and return the kids to the parents. This cuts down on traffic through the school area since we have no school buses almost all the kids are getting picked up. Also it gives the kids a lot of exercise. I will also be a walking leader. Michael said he's going to tell his friends that his wife is a school bus driver. I think that's hilarious and so true!
The Arizona Republic newspaper came out to take pictures of the walking school bus this morning.
Miley is starting kindergarten. She is only 4 until August 11, so she seems so little. I don't want to hold her back another year because I think she needs it. Her teacher is Miss Skipper. This is her first year teaching out of college, so I am a little apprehensive about how she will do. She seems pretty reserved and quiet.
Merrick got lucky enough to have Miss Felton again for first grade. We just love her. She moved up to first grade this year. Hopefully he'll have a successful year in her class.
Madelyn also got a teacher right out of college. Her name is Miss Solarez. She seems excited to be teaching 3rd grade. I hope she will remain this enthusiastic the whole year.
We hope that the kids can have a happy, successful school year!
1 comment:
I can't believe how big Miley looks in her uniform! Holy cow, I remember you bringing her over when she was still a baby. Where the heck has the time gone??
Post a Comment