LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rotten little stinker

We are doing walking school bus at school this year and we were celebrating international walk to school day. I was tasked with getting Fry's and Safeway to donate stuff for prizes.

Fry's was awesome and gave me a $25 gift card so we could buy fruit. Safeway took my letter and told me they would get back to me in a day or two. They never got back to me. So, I went back to the store after dropping off the kids for school. There were two people in front of me in line.

Little Michael and I were at the service desk waiting and for some strange reason he was hiking his shorts up to his waist. I bent down to pull his shorts down and he bit onto the inside of my arm and would not release his hold. I would say he held his bite for 20-30 seconds and I was squeezing his cheeks to loosen his grip. Finally he let go. So, what to do. You can't beat your child in the middle of the store (at this point he was crying from me squeezing him). So I took him outside and to the car (where he didn't get beaten, but he got a serious yelling at and hopeful guilt trip.

At this point I was crying from the pain - oh it hurt BAD. Unlucky for me, I needed to know if Safeway would donate because we needed the stuff for the next morning. I tried to suck it up and drug my crying child back inside the store (this time in a cart). When I asked the lady the status of our request, she talked to management and found out that they were over budget for donations. I wish they had told me this a week before so that I wouldn't have waisted my time.

Anyway here is my evidence that my little 23 month old son maimed me at the grocery store.

No comments: