Madelyn's off to school now. She started last Friday which was actually kind of nice so that they could have one day there and then two days off for the weekend. It's hard getting used to having her gone. I am glad that it is just for a few hours in the mornings. I don't know why they want to send these little kids to school for so long every day. I really like having her around. I will say that it is a lot quieter around here when she is gone. this new schedule forces me to get up early every day. I think my day is longer now. I still go to bed at the same time, but now I have to get up before 6 am. I think the hardest thing for me is to send her off and not know what things or who are influencing her. Anyway, her first day was good. She did get upset because I had bought her a Barbie thermos and forgotten to send it with her one the first day. Another little girl had the same thermos and Madelyn thought that the other girl had stolen her's. When I picked her up she was crying about it. I think I finally convinced her that the other little girl had one just like Madelyn's. Now I make sure to send it every day. So far so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment