LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"
The Glazebrook Family
The Glazebrook Family
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Black Friday, rocks
I wanted to pick up one or two things at the Disney store at our mall and thought Black Friday might be the day to do it. The mall opened at midnight Friday morning and we were all sitting around at my brother-in-law, Tedd's house, so I thought I might as well run over to the mall. The family watched our sleeping kids and we left at about five till midnight. We got to the mall about 12:15 and could hardly get through the parking lot. We had to park at one of the resteraunts across from the mall and walk over. We got inside around 12:30 and the mall was packed shoulder to shoulder. KB Toys and the Disney Store both had lines at least 100 yards long with hundreds of people waiting to get in the stores. I guess for fire reasons they were only allowed to let so many people into the store at one time. We walked the mall loop one time, didn't see any good deals at any of the stores and we decided to leave. On the way, we saw the line outside the Fry's Electronics was wrapped around the parking lot and the store didn't open for several hours. All in all, it was a pretty horrific experience and the sales weren't worth it from what I saw. This was an eye opener for me. I don't know how people can enjoy doing this every year.
On Saturday we went to the baptism of one of our Sunday School kids' Dad. We were rushing (like usual) and I shoved Merrick's church shoes on his feet. The whole way to the church he said his foot hurt. He hobbled inside and Michael took his shoe off. There was a giant rock in his shoe. I felt like a horrible mom for making him wear a rock in his shoe. I should have dumped the shoe out before putting it on. Guess I learned my lesson. Too bad Merrick had to learn my lesson the hard way. He played with the rock the rest of the time we were at the baptism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment