LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Monday, November 10, 2008

sick

So, some of you know that I have been sick since at least mid August with a heavy cough and congestion. I used to get bronchitis every winter, but that usually came when it got cold. In August in AZ it was still in the hundred degrees here. So today on the radio I heard them mention that cases of Valley Fever have been skyrocketing lately. I have never heard of it before but apparently it is prevalent in southern AZ. It is a fungus that grows in the dirt and gets stirred up by dust storms and such. Then, it is inhaled and sticks around and can multiply in your lungs. The worst time for Valley Fever is the summer. So now I am thinking that I could have Valley Fever. Maybe I am being paranoid and thinking that is what I have. All I know is that I am the only one in the family that has been sick this long. It hasn't gotten any better. I figure though, if I go to the doctor they will say put a humidifier in your room and deal with it (as they always seem to make lite of my situations). I may bring myself to go to the hideous doctors out here within the next few weeks. Maybe I do have the fever. I guess time will tell.

No comments: