LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Roller skating

On February 5 my niece turned 10. She was just a little baby at our wedding. It's hard to believe how time flies. Since the Grandparents were in town for Michael's blessing Halle had a skating birthday party. My kids have never been on skates. EVER. So, I wasn't sure about this. I used to skate a lot when we lived in Illinois. Somehow there was no way I was getting in skates this time. Especially since I had a 3 month old. Right after everyone got their skates on they cleared the ice because someone broke their ankle. The firemen had to come and splint the person up and take them away to the hospital.

Then, skating was back on. Michael took the little kids out. They have these little walkers now for little kids to use so that they don't fall down so much. A really great idea. So, here are some pictures of everyone enjoying the skating rink.

Hanging out with Mema and Pop.
Cousin Ross, Gamma, Michael, and Cousin Kaitlee (blurry - but the only one like this that I got)
Such a sweetie!!!
Gamma and little Michael
Her skates were soooo tiny!
We were lucky that there were a bunch of adults that were willing to take some of the kids out. Here Michael and his Dad are helping Miley skate.
Michael helped Miley and Merrick skate.
Merrick was practicing along the side.

This skating rink was so different than I was used to. Next to Merrick above there is a step that goes the entire length of the floor. Many kids tripped on this step trying to get on and off the rink. I was surprised that there was no ramp that eased people into the rink. Also, there were no walls for the kids to hold onto or stabilize themselves. Much different than Scotties Skate Land in Quincy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

J has an ice skating field trip after spring break that I'm feeling pretty apprehensive about...I am planning on keeping my expectations really low. :)