And you go to the zoo again! Why? To see all the animals that were sleeping the first time you went. It helps to have gotten a membership so now we can go any time.
There is a crazy story that goes with these lions. Apparently they were rescued from a man in Pennsylvania that was breeding large cats and selling them. The even crazier aspect is that he lived in an apartment and kept them in the bathroom. Can you imagine? Some people are just plain crazy. How do you even get lions in the first place - maybe customs thinks they are house cats when they are little.
The petting zoo of this zoo pretty much stinks. They have some goats and they let the kids comb the goats. Of course when there are 5 goats out of the pen you have about 6 kids surrounding each goat trying to pet them. They do have a few cows and stuff to look at but no bunnies or other things running around.
This is Jack. I adore this horse. Everyone was talking about how dirty he was, but we didn't care. He was standing back when we came over to see him. Then he walked over to me so that I could pet him. He was very sweet and I think he would have let us pet him all day if we would have stayed there. Poor Miley has a real issue with any form of bug (I share the same aversion although I have been forced to have to kill them or live with them). Jack had flies all over his face and she did not want to pet him. I finally got her to agree to pet him and I think she was glad she did.
2 comments:
It looks like three of your children are ready to work on Nana and Papa's farm. Are they ready to move to Illinois? We would have to live in the barn until we could get a house built. They could help me raise the sheep and goats I want.
When you said the petting zoo stinks, you meant that literally, right? :) Blech. I always offer to stay outside with the baby when I can get away with it.
Post a Comment