LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's......

CARING WOMAN

Able to pick up trash with a swipe of her glove, Caring Woman cares for the Earth!



A week or so ago Madelyn told me they were writing super hero stories at school and the 5 best stories were being chosen to act out their story in front of the whole school. Madelyn wanted to be picked sooooo much. She's gotten docked before in writing for not using a variety of words and descriptions. I told her over the weekend that it was ok if she didn't get picked.

She came home from school on Monday and her story was picked! She was very excited. I had the "brilliant" idea of making a costume for her to wear (some sarcasm is implied with that brilliant). Keep in mind that I found out about it Monday night and she had to take it this morning (Wednesday). And so, I set out to make Caring Woman.

She had her costume (the cape, mask, and glove) and a small recycle can. Then we put Velcro on a few recyclable items. We made it so that the items would stick to her glove (like in her story). Her class competed against the entire school and they won! They get to have the coveted mascot "Socrates" in their classroom.

One of her class mates got picked to share his story and he refused.  I am grateful that she wants to participate in school and I am glad that she is such a good student.

1 comment:

Doodle said...

That is so cute! Good job on the costume Esther. You should "publish" her story here so we can read it!