LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Merrick turns 6!

Merrick turned six yesterday. I can't believe he is so big. He loves all things Lego. He is just now making them on his own ~ thank goodness. He is so smart when it comes to video or computer games. He figures stuff out on his own. He's always had a mechanical kind of mind. He makes friends so easily. When we were at the winter performance for school every little boy came to talk to him. I admire that about him. He fits in anywhere. He loves to run and is so active. He is great at sports and really wants to play basketball this year. He is becoming a better reader every day. It is so funny, Michael and I have never seen a child read like him. He sounds words out phonetically and he always ends up pronouncing the words correctly (sometimes phonetical sounds are not how you say the word). Nana loves the stories he tells. He is very exact in retelling things. He is also the most toy oriented child I have ever seen. Its like a "high" for him to get a present. When we get boxes in the mail it kills him not to open it. He gets so much joy from looking at the toy mail fliers near Christmas. He is our sensitive boy and he self punishes himself. He is also very loving and loves to cuddle. We love this big boy!








No comments: