Wanda's flight left early today and so we said our goodbyes last night. We are so grateful that she let us experience this wonderful island with her. It was refreshing to get away and a little sad to go home. I wish the other kids could have come to see everything also. If we only lived on the East coast again. It's so much cheaper to travel the the Caribbean from there. The Caribbean is my favorite place (except Jamaica - that was scary).
We had a few hours before our flight at 4:00, so we packed up and went over to St. Thomas to hang out. On St. John they are very strict about what kind of businesses they allow on the island. There are two grocery stores and they are family small ones (by the way a watermelon was going for $15 here). On St. Thomas they have a K-mart and some fast food which is nice if you want a quick, good bite to eat.
Once on St. Thomas again we decided to go eat and then head to the airport early. We went to Iggie's on Bolongo Bay. It was really breezy which was nice. They have a searing heat there where you don't realize how much you are burning until you are burnt (I got pretty fried ~ as did Wanda).
The best part of Iggie's was that the iguanas came out to bask in the sun. Once again I was caught without my camera, boo. Michael took little Michael over to look at the one only a few feet away from us. I'm sure it was not good for it, but Michael fed it a french fry. Then the baby fed it one. Then another. Then another. It was awesome to see little Michael get so excited to see this iguana up close and feed it. This and the fish at Coki were definitely the highlight as far as Michael Patrick was concerned.
From there we turned in the car and did the customs thing at the airport. After waiting for a while we were off to Charlotte again. Charlotte has these awesome rocking chairs where you can sit and wait. We enjoyed our time there and then made our way to the plane. It was another long day. We left at 4:00 and didn't get into Phoenix until 12am Saturday morning. By the time we got home and such it was almost 2am before I could get to bed.
Thankfully Michael Patrick did great on all 4 airplanes. I always worry so much that the kids will bother other people. You always get the stares of "oh no there are kids on our plane". Usually I am so stressed about the messing with the chair trays and by the time the flight is over I'm about in tears. Anyway, he did great which was a blessing and we only lost 1 binky on the trip.


No comments:
Post a Comment