LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Camping

 
Oh how I don't like to camp. Everything about it I don't like. I'm not an "outdoorsy" type of person. Bugs LOVE to turn me into a snack. Kids get dirty from the moment they step out of the car and stay that way until they step into the shower at home. Sooooo much work goes into pulling everything out, preparing meals, packing, unpacking at the site, cleaning up, packing up, unpacking at home, putting stuff away, and on and on.
 
Well, I am married to some one who loves to camp. When we were engaged, I got him a dvd player for Christmas (they were still new back then) and he got me a full size camping backpack. I guess that showed our true loves. Give me a movie any night and he is in his element outdoors.
 
We went camping at Huntsville State Park in September (I think) with our family and my sis-in-law Holly's family. It was fun for a day. Then I was ok with going home. Michael let me know that since we have so many places to go camping so close we should go camping once a month. Imagine my surprise when I was told we were going camping there for 5 days over Thanksgiving break. yeah.
 
 I suppose it was me telling him, "You can go for 5 days, but I'm not" and the "I'll come up for a day or two" that got Michael on his newest mission -> a pop-up camper. He searched and searched all the while telling me "do you want to sleep on the ground in a tent again or would you rather sleep in a bed". No argument from me on this one. So, we headed to the other side of town and looked at a really nice pop-up. Then we realized all the work that goes into a pop-up. You have to zip, unzip, unfold and fold, pull out, lock, secure, all kinds of things to get it set up at the camp site. That's no fun. Then, we got home about 1/2 an hour before we had to get the kids from school. Michael was thinking and scouring the Internet for ideas. By chance there was a travel trailer that was clearanced to move in the 2014 models in Lake Livingston about and hour and a half north of us. They closed at 5pm though. I went and grabbed the kids, dropped off my nephew and our neighbor and off we went to Livingston. We got there only about 20 minutes before they closed.
 
We fell in love. It sleeps 7! That means everyone can have their own bed and sleep comfortably!!!! It isn't huge as campers go because it doesn't have any pull out sides, but it has a kitchen, couch, table area, bunk beds, toilet and shower, and master area. It's wonderful!!!! We ended up picking it up November the 1st, poor little Michael had to spend his whole 3rd birthday at the RV store and it has been sitting in our driveway ever since. We're so excited to have it and Michael's buddy has a storage lot that we get to keep it at when we aren't using it since I don't think our neighbors would like it in our driveway full time - although we have room for it and our cars and you can barely see it from down the street. So, here it is and boy am I glad that we have it because the forecast for Huntsville this weekend is cold and raining every day except Sunday. At least we will be able to get out of the rain!
 
                                     
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't like camping either, but I'd sure as heck do it in that little beauty! (p.s. Baby Michael is not allowed to be three years old. He topped off at two!)