LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Challenger Space Center

September 26th a bunch of museum's had free admission to celebrate something (I don't remember what it was celebrating). Anyway, I was hoping the Phoenix Children's Museum would be be admission, but no luck. All of the museums were adult type museums and I didn't want to take all the kids to those. The Challenger Space Museum did have free admission, so we decided to head over after Madelyn's T-ball game that Saturday. It was fairly crowded, but the kids had fun. I have to admit that I wouldn't have wanted to pay to visit. But, since it was free it was fun.
finding the Earth.
The best part was that they had like 3 stations set up with activities for the kids to do. Here they are making space shuttles.
Miley has found the "coloring bug". She colors every day.
Madelyn loves to block color. Her pictures are always very colorful.
Standing in front of Earth in the solar system - showing their space shuttles.
Merrick's favorite - dinosaur days.
In the planetarium room, they had a huge 360 degree mural on the walls all of these paintings are part of it.
Miley wanted to touch the woolly mammoth.
Madelyn - it was sooooo hot that day. That kind of heat really takes a toll on you - even when you come inside.
Astronaut Michael
Astronaut Miley.
Astronaut Madelyn.
Astronaut Esther (Merrick refused to pose as an astronaut. He is so stubborn!)
Finally, there was this really neat area of tiles depicting space related themes and pictures. It was really neat because they are all handmade tiles.
We wanted to do some flight simulations, but we were next in line and the kid sneezed all over the control and then kept on playing. We decided not to take any germ chances there. Then we went to lunch at Cry Baby Lemonade and Chicago pizza and I have to say the food was just ok and way over priced.

No comments: