TIM AND TERRY SEARS - PAY YOUR BILLS! We have been answering the phone for these people for almost 2 years. At least 2 or more times a month I get phone calls from creditors looking for Tim or Terry Sears. I have never met them, but I know they must owe a lot of money because I have different creditors calling me. The bad thing is that I can't just ignore the calls or they keep calling. I have to answer the phone and tell the people that I am not the Sears and I don't know them so take my phone number off their list. Half the time we get automated calls. They give you 5 seconds to hang up the phone or else they assume you are the person in question. So, when the phone goes to the answering machine they think it is a person confirming the identity. Then, I have to call the phone number and yell at the people to remove my phone number. I feel bad because I know these people just want their money - but they aren't going to get it from me. I can't block the calls because sometimes we get legitimate calls from unknown, private, or out of area numbers. I also don't want to change our number because there have been so many foreclosures in Phoenix that I couldn't be assured that this wouldn't happen again.
It just gets really annoying - especially when they question you if you know the people. NO I DON'T! We even got a call from jail or prison from someone who must have been their son or relative. We declined the calls. Guess the parents skipped out on the problem child and the creditors. Hopefully someday the calls will end.
1 comment:
what a hassle. just one more perk to the economic crisis...knowing someone else's business...
Post a Comment