LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

and so the saga continues...

Part two to the piano saga. I called the piano guy again today.

You know, I really wouldn't mind if these people would call and give me good updates from time to time instead of me having to call them all the time (especially since they already have my money). I remember in the world of purchasing foreign steel that if I had a vessel that had an eta that was pushed out a few weeks I would have to call the saleman and let them know so that they could call the customer and give them a head up. If stuff went on customs hold it was the same thing. I expected to hear from our suppliers if there were any hiccups and they would send us weekly status reports to let us know exactly where our steel was even if it was being melted in the Netherlands at that moment and we wouldn't get it for four months.

Anyway, according to him (and I'm not sure how much I believe it anymore), our piano is due into his store within the hour. What! I thought it was going to be delivered last week to the store and me get it late last week or early this week. So, now the eta to our house is early to mid next week. I won't hold my breath.

No comments: