LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Merrick goes to Preschool

There are five wards within a few mile span of our house. I'm talking we live on 51st Avenue and 43rd Avenue is a different ward and 67th Avenue is another different ward. It's crazy. The area WAS expanding so fast that they needed that many wards. Now it seems that so many people are short selling or leaving their homes that all of our wards are lacking. (Michael is a primary teacher and teaches in Elders Quorum 2 weeks a month, one lady I visit teach is the Primary Secretary, a visiting teaching supervisor, and on the activities committee, and I just noticed that the new Elders Quorum President hasn't been released as the Executive Secretary while his wife is the Young Women's President also - these are but a few examples). So, Madelyn has kids from all 5 wards in her school. Merrick's best buddy, Stevie is in the ward on 27th Avenue. Stevie's mom invited us to join the preschool group they were beginning with Merrick. The good thing is that we all have other children in Madelyn's school. Actually, one mom is the PTA president, one is the Vice-president of PTA, and Stevie's mom is the Treasurer at our school. A pretty good group of women. We swap out teaching and there are 6 kids that are all 4. It's great. I only have to teach 4 days before the new year. It's especially great because Merrick gets to know more kids (although he and Stevie are the only boys), it gets him out away from us so that he will be ready for kindergarten next year, and it's free (what can be better). Here are some pictures of him from Tuesday when I dropped him off for his first day of preschool.

No comments: