Today we took Madelyn to a Walgreen's wellness clinic since it is Saturday and none of the Doctor's offices are open. Then, we were told to go to Urgent Care to get her fixed up. What a pain in the neck.
You see, it all started Thursday evening after 6:30 pm. At 6:20I dropped off Madelyn and Merrick at a friends house so that I could go to the PTA meeting. Madelyn was fine when I dropped her off. When I picked her up around 8pm she was crying and they told me she had been complaining that her ear was bothering her. Madelyn has always fought ear infections. I remember sometimes the doctor would tell me she had an ear infection and I would have no clue because she wasn't even cranky. I even bought an ear-looker scope thing so that I could look in her ears and check for an infection.
Every year she gets at least one ear ache. We have learned to have Similisan Ear Ache medicine at the house for the times she has ear aches. Usually she is better the next day after using the medicine. So, I went home thinking that I knew where the bottle was. Meanwhile she is crying in pain. I searched everywhere and couldn't find the stupid medicine. So, kids got loaded back in the van and off to CVS to get some meds. But, they don't carry Similisan. So, now we have to go to Wal-Mart at 8:45 to get some (I know they have it there). We get the meds and some Tylenol just in case she has a headache from crying for an hour. Of course the only lanes open are on the opposite end of the store and there are 30 people per lane. I go stand in the self check-out lane with my crying 6 year old, my son who is falling asleep sitting up in the front of the cart, and my 2 year old. I stand in front of the area waiting for one of the 3 working lanes to be free, when someone goes and jumps in a lane in front of me. What??? Then, one of the non-working lanes starts working I start walking up and another Hispanic lady starts to jump in front of me at which point I give her a dirty look and say, "can I go please". I didn't care I jumped in the lane and checked myself out. Then across the front of the store back to the side I entered on. I pull the kids out of the cart and walk to our parking spot. Then I look over and Madelyn threw-up on the ground. I just kept going. And again she throws up. Finally I had her stand next to the car and puke while I get the other kids in the van. I put some drops in right there and home we go for a VERY long night of crying, jumping around, and restlessness. I don't handle the ear aches as well as Michael does because after the medicine there is nothing else that I can do.
I told her to go to bed several times and finally she went to sleep. The next morning she said her ear didn't hurt any more. This was just another typical ear ache for her, or so I thought. I sent her off to school and we didn't mention it again until Michael came home on Friday and she relayed it to him. Today we were playing the Wii and she says "look at this it was in my ear". It looked like red ear wax. Michael looked in her ear and there was crusty blood covering it. We got the ear-looker and there was blood all over inside her ear canal too. This is where we take her to Wal-greens and they say that it looks like her ear drum has ruptured so we better take her to Urgent Care.
At Urgent Care Michael took Madelyn in because Merrick was sleeping. He signed in at 1:30. At 2:30 I took the other kids into the Honey Baked Ham store because Miley had to use the restroom. At 3:30 Michael joined us in the store and relayed the HORRIBLE experience they had just had. It took almost 2 hours to be seen and then the doctor said she couldn't tell exactly what was wrong. They gave her Amoxicilan and an ear drop and it took another 20 minutes for them to get the prescription paper so they could leave. Then they wanted to see her back in 5 days. YEAH RIGHT! I will be taking her to her Pediatrician for that trip. Hopefully the medicine will make things better in her little ear.
Here is a pic from tonight after she had a round of ear drops and some of the blood already came out. Poor girl.
1 comment:
What a nightmare! Seriously, all of it. Ear pain is the worst, I hope she is feeling much better.
Post a Comment