So, here is a little synopsis of our smiley Miley's adventure to join us:
I had Merrick June 8, 2006. I had gotten strep throat in late December and was on some meds to help that. Then we went to Patrick and Meara's wedding in Texas on December 28. I finished my medicine there and thought the nausea was from the meds. When I got home I just wondered if it could be something else. So, on New Years day 2007 I found out I was prego again. I was shocked to say the least. Poor Merrick was still a baby and still nursing after all. My due date was in September and I got the 12 week ultrasound only to find out that she was really 16 weeks instead of 12. So,my due date moved up a month. I'll never forget my Mom comforting me by saying, "that's one less month you have to be pregnant". So, that was good. Madelyn turned 3 in May and Merrick turned 1 in June. Then, we knew that we would be moving somewhere. So, we started to pack up the house and put everything into storage. Michael switched from UOP- Atlanta campus to the UOP Military division. In between packing I still had to paint and we had to finish several projects on the house (like the baseboards for our laminate that we put throughout the house). Miley was born on the morning of her due date because she had to be born within 24 hours of the water being torn. They broke her left collar bone during birth. She was almost 8lbs 15oz, yet it was a fairly easy birth. Michael left for Phoenix four days after she was born for his new job. I got to stay home and finish painting the interior of the house, find a realtor, list the house, and try to sell it. Thankfully I had family close and they helped out a lot. Two weeks after her birth we moved in with my parents house and I would go back to the house daily to work on it. Then, after a few weeks we joined Michael in Florida for a month as he did his military events. When we got back we basically had one last Thanksgiving with my family - I was so glad that my sister and her family got to come down from Chicago. All of the Zelmer cousins got to be together again. Then, we packed up and drove to Phoenix. We stayed with Tedd and Emily for several months and were very grateful for their hospitality while our house got built. Finally in June 2008 we had our new house. Poor Miley was in transition for almost the first year of her life. Thankfully we settled down and she gets to have a more normal life now. Here are some photos of her little life:
![]() |
| Digital slideshow generated with Smilebox |

1 comment:
Hey Esther- I love reading your blog and being about to stay in touch via blogger! You kiddos are too cute! Congrats on another baby. Can't wait to see pics! Say hi to Michael. Take care!
Post a Comment