LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 3...hitting the beach!

Iguanas, iguanas, iguanas. They are everywhere on this island. It's fascinating to watch them. From our balcony we saw these eating the blue flowers and walking around in the sun.







Maho Bay

We ended up at Maho Bay to swim and snorkel. It was not a busy beach. We found a spot, put up our shade tent, and went out to swim. I saw my first wild sea turtles there. They were so awesome. They were chewing on sea grass. The water was so clear that you could see all the way to the bottom so easily. I saw a star fish too. The sea turtles were the coolest, though. We were watching one and Michael tried to touch it and it swam away. Man those guys can swim fast if they want to.

On a separate note, tonight we went out to eat at Morgan's Mango. One of the guys who works at the Westin that Wanda knows has twins that work there. Wanda thought this would be a good place to eat. It took forever to get our food. Michael and I decided to split two meals so we could try two things. He got the steak quesadillas and I got the cheese burger. I split the burger and was half way through it when I bit into something hard. I thought maybe it was a bone of some sort, no, it was a STAPLE. A huge industrial staple was in my burger. We called our server over and he went back to talk to the manager. Then he came back, apologized and told me to order anything else on the menu. I got the pork tenderloin instead. Then they offered us a free dessert. Finally the manager came out and he was almost accusing saying they have no idea how that could have happened because they don't use staples on their food bags. All I know is it was there (I should have gotten a picture, but didn't). Michael and I were shocked when we got the bill $135 for 3 adults and a baby and the food was not good at all. Kind of a yucky experience.

No comments: