...to TEXAS! Michael got the news today that his boss is transferring us to Houston. It's his current territory, so nothing changes for him at work. When he started with the military division they made us move out to Phoenix on our own dime and then he traveled back to the southeast almost every week. Now they want the managers in their territory. At least they are moving us this time.
I'm sad to leave our house ~ I really do love the house. The location continues to be bleak out here. We lost a whole lot more people from our ward this summer. I am excited for a new experience. Since they want us in Houston, Michael knows all the places and so the hunt begins to find a place for us to live. The good thing is that the majority of his family lives within 1 hour of Houston. Plus the beach is within an hour or less. I'm glad that we will be close enough (12 hours) to visit Atlanta from time to time. I haven't seen anyone other than my Mom and Dad in 4 years. I can't wait to see everyone.
We'll be sad to leave Tedd and Emily's family here but hope that maybe we can see them if they come to visit in Texas ever.
It's crazy, Michael was just called a few months ago to be the Ward Executive Secretary and he's really good at it. He enjoys working with our Bishop, Bishop Tryon and he'll miss this. I was just called in as the Stake Primary First Counselor in April. I feel bad leaving after such a short time, but what can you do if you have to move. I'll miss these ladies and know that they will set up a great program of the kids here.
Hopefully we'll find something soon. This came out of nowhere. Neither Michael or I had even an idea that this would happen.
1 comment:
what???? another one bites the dust!
i'm happy for you and your new house looks so nice!
Post a Comment