LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An activist

I've voted in every election since I turned 18. This includes off year elections as well as presidential elections. I try to do my duty as an American citizen in keeping up with politics and I feel blessed that my husband and I generally agree on political issues (I don't know how a marriage could last with people having different, strong political views). I thought about signing the petition to recall Phoenix's vial Mayor Phil Gordon from office, but I didn't know where the locations were and I didn't want to drag the kids to the other side of the city to sign it. I should have. I am totally feeling a pull to politics recently. Now is a critical time in our Nation. Our founding father's must be rolling over in their graves. I want Washington to hear us and do something about it. I am planning on attending our Tax Day Tea Party in Phoenix. I implore anyone reading my blog (which probably isn't many) to go to a Tea Party near you on April 15th. We must "stand for something" as Gordon B. Hinkley said. Here is a link to a site that will help you find a tea party near you. Let's all make this a historic April 15th and let our voices be heard!

No comments: