The first weekend this month was the father/son campout. Michael hasn't been since we've been here with Merrick. He heard that this was a stake father/son or to be politically correct they now call it the "Aaronic Priesthood Commemoration" and that it was not in a location where there was water. A friend went out of town and so Michael and her hubby decided to go camping. I was preparing myself to have to camp and to have to bring Cayman. Then, the day of Michael suggested that I could stay home with Cayman if I wanted. REALLY! I of course jumped at the chance since the thought of sleeping on the hard ground is not fun sounding to me at all (I really don't care for camping - I know that all the Glazebrook's will gasp at this one). I think I got enough camping for a lifetime when we went camping with 10 kids in the middle of the woods for several days in Colorado last year with no vehicles to get us to civilization. So, the guys packed up and headed out and I headed out to Hobby Lobby and In 'N' Out Burger. I had a relaxing evening in a clean downstairs. It was great. I don't think that I have been without at least one child for that long since we lived in Georgia and Madelyn spent the night at Nana's or Pepper's before Merrick and Miley were born. The kids (6 total) had a great time at Lake Pleasant and the guys seem to have survived as well. Here are a few pics of the event.



No comments:
Post a Comment