LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Friday, May 14, 2010

So long shuttle

I just watched the final shuttle launch with Merrick and Miley. I can't believe that this is the last time it will lift-off. One of our first real vacations when I was younger was to go to Huntsville, Alabama and we visited the space center there. It's pretty amazing. Then, of course there was the Challenger explosion when I was in grade school. I'll never forget that we had all met (all my family in GA) at McDonalds on Sandy Plains Road one Saturday morning to have breakfast and let the kids play when my Dad had to go out of town later that day. We watched the Columbia explode on the television in the McDonalds on February 1, 2003. This final time it was the Atlantis that went up to space. I am surprised that we do not have any program to follow this and I would never want to rely on Russia for anything let alone hitching rides with their astronauts for 55 million a ride. Anyway, it was history and we watched it.

No comments: