LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

getting close

Today I had my 37 week check-up. I can't believe I am due in 21 days! I got the whole "if you feel contractions that are this far apart go to the hospital speech". Then I had to tell her that I have really never gone into labor with any of my kids so I don't really know what that's like. Miley was the closest and they still had to induce me because of a tear in my water, not because I was in labor. I have several ladies out here who have horror stories of having natural births (not because they wanted too) because they got to the hospital after waiting until they had so many contractions so far apart. I must admit that the thought of that scares me more than the epidural and iv (and the iv and antibiotics are almost worse than having the bb for me) that I hate being administered.

I have to admit that I am completely unprepared for this baby. With Madelyn I think I had the car packed a month before she was due (and then she ended up being 10 days late). This time his crib is up and has clean sheets, but that's about it. His car seat isn't ready, his room is a mess, and every other room needs some work also. So now I have 3 to 4 weeks of work to keep me busy until he gets here.

Oh, on a side note this Dr is actually taking me seriously about my gall bladder pain. With Miley it was excruciatingly painful for 3 months before having her and 1 month after she was born. When I finally got in to do the ultrasound they said it looked ok. Forget the feeling of a dull knife being stuck into my back and reaching the front of my stomach. So, now I have the gall bladder pain again. My back pain isn't nearly as severe and only comes a few times a week. The pain in the front of my stomach is constantly there. Feeling my right upper stomach right now I can feel the tenderness and aching just in that spot. I got a referral to a specialist today. They can't do anything until after the baby is born, but we'll see if it leads to me getting this pesky organ removed. It should be an interesting couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yikes, what a nightmare. as if a small baby kicking your innards wasn't uncomfortable enough. :)

Doodle said...

Oh man Esther! I feel your pain! Literally. I was in the ER Monday night and they said it was my Gallbladder. I've had about 3 episode since Kassidy was born but the first time I actually went to the hospital for it. Apparently I was passing stones because the bile duct was about twice its size. So I will be contacting a specialist soon as well. No fair we have to have the babies and all the pain and then get GALLBLADDER pain too!