Merrick is the
worst at getting haircuts. Before we left GA my sis (who is a barber) gave him his first haircut. He did alright sitting on my lap - he was 1. Then, when we got to AZ I tried taking him to a salon and he immediately broke into hysterics to the point where the lady told me she could not cut his hair because he was so upset. We left without a hair cut. Then we started buzz cutting his hair with our clippers. He still at 4 cries every time we cut his hair. It's horrible. He has soccer pictures on Saturday and I thought I would try to get his hair styled. When I told him of our impending hair trip he would almost start crying. I found a "cool cuts for kids" to take him to that I figured would be fun and distracting for him. I unfortunately did not get any pictures of him at the salon. He did so good. He climbed up in the silver race car chair and the hair dresser popped in Dora and the Pirate Pigs that he picked to watch. He didn't whimper once and it was a wonderful experience for all! The cut isn't perfect, but this kid has the worst hair I have seen. He has double crowns on the back and cowlicks in the front. So, it is hard to get his hair to "style". I'm just glad that I have found a way to get him to like haircuts before he poisons his little brother to the prospect of getting haircuts. Can I just add that it is soooooooo much easier to have girls that only need trims once in a while.

He was singing for the camera.
This is an example of what they sit in. Merrick had a silver sport car. It's pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment