I have had an amazing amount of HEARTBURN this pregnancy. I always get it, but I remember Madelyn being the next worst one for heartburn during pregnancy. So, I'm wondering if this little man is going to be as hairy as Madelyn was. I guess we'll see in a few weeks. As of today (35 1/2 weeks) nothing is happening so I am assuming that this will be a pattern birth for me where I have to be induced after my due date. I've already decided that it would be best if I could go in to have him the afternoon of Thursday, November 4 (this way I could still get kids where they need to go and on Friday's we only have to get Madelyn to school). I guess it is good that I have no preconceived notions of having this baby early. I have done this in the past and that last month of waiting is like torture. Now, I just am not even ready for him to come and so I am fine with him coming late.
Madelyn at birth. Her hair was about 2-3 inches in some places. Where Michael's elbow is her hair was creased and folded back up on itself. Everyone told me that she would lose all that hair - she didn't lose any of it.
Here she is at 3 months old - 2 days after Michael left for Iraq.
The old wives tale is: if you have a lot of heartburn your baby will have a lot of hair. They say it isn't true, but we will see.


5 comments:
The wives' tale has been true in my experience, so I'm kind of a believer. I hope your Nov. 4 date works out for you. That's why I love to be induced, I love knowing when that baby is coming!
I had HORRIBLE amounts of heartburn with all my kids and so far, only Amelia had any hair. Lucie has just a little hair, and I had the worst heartburn with her. All I know is that heartburn while pregnant is the worst! I'm so excited for you have your little guy!!
It was true for me. It was the worst with Gavin and he had tons of hair and never went 'bald' like some babies do.
PS- love ur new background!
Hey Esther - they have actually scientifically proven the correlation b/t heartburn and a hairy baby! It has to do with very high levels of hormones. I had the worst heartburn with Kassidy. During the last month I had to eat a box of tums before bed and prop myself up on two pillows and I STILL woke up with vomit in my NOSE & choking! AWFUL!
Wow- I didn't realize that it has been proven. I guess this guy should be hairy as can be!
Post a Comment