Since Michael is only going to be home for part of tomorrow, I decided to take advantage of the "cooler" weather. Every summer we surrender our backyard to the crickets, black widows, and other creepy crawly creatures around here. We can't go outside at all in the summer so it isn't even worth trying to keep them out. Today I endeavoured to reclaim our property from the squatters.
I mowed the yard, which wasn't too bad, yet. Then I thoroughly sprayed down every item on the patio which included: a bunch of bikes, a grill, a treadmill, a weight bench, a chair, and other various items. I only encountered 2 black widows and 2 other large spiders during my cleaning spree. (Although, I have to admit that I am saving the covered outlet for Michael to check when he gets home - that is a favorite home for black widows.)
It did make it worth it to see all of my children hop on their scooters and bikes and ride around the sidewalk. They wouldn't touch anything on the patio before because they were covered in cob webs and spiders. Thankfully they didn't ride them because I killed a large spider under Miley's bike.
I am looking forward to being able to sit outside with the new baby (when he gets here) while the kids play outside as the weather continues to get better.
1 comment:
Way to reclaim your property from all the little pesties. I am enjoying the fallish weather myself. :)
Post a Comment