LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kinder Eggs!!!

My Dad has traveled around the world as long as I can remember. I remember him going to Peru for months and Africa for months. For a long time he went to Germany a lot. He started a tradition of bringing us back Kinder Eggs from Germany. They are hollowed out white chocolate covered by milk chocolate eggs. Inside the hollow part is a yellow oval (like a yoke). Inside the yellow part is a toy of some kind. The chocolate is some of my favorite in the world. So go. They were such a treat because we didn't usually get stuff (other than postcards) when he traveled as he was busy working.

Michael got the chance to go to Germany for 10 days for his job. I asked him if he could find them to bring home some Kinder Eggs to carry on the tradition. Yeah!!! He found some. My kids now love Kinder Eggs as much as I do. I love that this is something from my childhood that I can share with them.


The funny thing is that while Michael was in Germany my Dad also went to Germany, but Michael was down south and my Dad was in different areas. Also, Michael's schedule was packed because he was doing a world win tour with his boss. I knew they would never see each other.

Guess what - they literally ran into each other in the Frankfurt Airport. I guess Michael heard a voice and thought, "I know that voice" and my Dad was being driven to his gate. He called out my Dad's name, Don! and my Dad was able to stop for about 5 minutes to talk to him. Michael says that if either of them had been even a few seconds earlier or later that they would have never seen each other as they were at a Y intersection and my Dad was going one way and Michael was going the opposite direction. Isn't it funny that here my Dad was in Germany from Atlanta and Michael was there from Phoenix and they were on different international airlines and they ran into each other in Germany. I think God has to have a hand in stuff like that. It can't just be coincidence ;)

No comments: