First we went to the battle. It was really hot. There were prickly plants everywhere! The most unassuming plants have huge thorns on them. All I have to say is thank goodness for little Michael's diaper because he fell down and when he stood up he had 3 inch long thorns sticking in his diaper.
We got to visit what the town might have looked like and we got to do an activity where you discover facts about the time period. One question was how many petty coats would a lady wear out. I think it was 9. I can't imagine how hot they were. We got to rock climb up part of the peak. Michael even took little Michael up.
The only bad part was that Miley freaked out during the enactment. The cannons were right in front of us and they were loud. Little Michael didn't mind at all but I looked at Miley and she had tears streaming down her face. I had her put a blanket over her head and pushed her ears against me so that it wouldn't bother her so much.
I don't know if you can see it, but there were thorns everywhere. It seemed that little Michael fell down constantly. Thank goodness for his diaper, because he fell down and when he stood up he had 2 inch thorns sticking to his pants.
The cavalry
These guys love to shoot the cannons.
A group from Texas fought in the battle, which they won by the way. The Union wiped out most of the supplies and food by the time it was over.
Poor Miley ~ this is how she looks the whole 20 minutes.
I love introducing the kids to different historical events. I think they had fun, but it was hot!
No comments:
Post a Comment