LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Air Force One

On our way to the airport on Monday this is what we saw.... Air Force One. We've seen it before at the airport, yet I still am amazed. It is literally sitting a few hundred feet from the road. In this picture I was leaving the airport, but on the way in you are on the other side of the parking lot and drive right past it. Biden was in town talking at the airport about how wonderful the stimulus package has been for Arizona. blah. blah. blah. Some how our state is still in the red and they are looking for new ways to raise taxes on us and cut funding to school programs. I'm not a fan of this presidency, but I am still in awe of Air Force One.
A side note: When Michael was at Naval Air Station Atlanta in the early 2000s, they had Marine One at the hanger (I don't know if Bush was in Atlanta or if the helicopter was just making a stop for fuel or something). They let all the guys come out and take a tour of Bush's helicopter. Michael had enough nerve to sit in Bush's presidential seat with the seal and everything. I don't think the other's liked that much. How many people can say that they sat in the president's spot. I thought it was a neat experience.

No comments: