LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Sunday, November 22, 2009

civic duty

Have you seen this man? (I know it's really fuzzy).
We have - and we think he was stealing copper piping out of the house that is being built down the corner from us. We called the cops and Michael is outside right now id'ing the guy. He didn't want the guy to know which house was ours, but I stupidly just tried to walk the blurry photo (that the cops wanted anyway) I just printed outside. Whoops. Maybe he didn't see me. Hopefully. We actually had a contractor walk over to our gate on Friday when we were moving play set boxes from the garage to the patio. He wanted to tell us that the same house had been vandalized on Thursday night and all the piping was stolen. He wanted us to keep our eyes open so that we would call the cops if we saw anything. We did call Beazer (our builder) on Wednesday night because I saw a truck and four guys at the new builds and it was pitch black (after 7) outside. I couldn't imaging what they would be doing in the black darkness. Michael followed the truck and we called Beazer giving them the information. I guess the people were legit because Beazer never called us back. The electrician assured us that we should call the cops first and that his legitimate workers would not mind if the cops questioned them if they are doing their job. I got woken up at around 7 am by Michael shaking me and saying "where's the phone - they're stealing stuff". Great. We find the phone, call 911, I get my camera and a blurry photo, we see the cops drive past our house and turn around and haul tail back out of our neighborhood. The guy ran. So, look out neighbors on the other side of Southern he was running for your neighborhood. Luckily they caught the "suspect". Michael was alerted to the intruder by barking dogs. Good job dogs! We'll have to see what happens. I wonder if this is the same person who stole it 2 days ago. If it is, he sure has some audacity. Wouldn't copper consumers think something is fishy if you have a private citizen selling copper piping every few days? Why don't they alert the cops? Just a thought.

2 comments:

nana said...

You go kids. If I was a crook I wouldn't want you two any where around. We have heard about Michael's citizen arrests before--now he has his own backup gal.

LAVEEN'S NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH COMMITTEE-----

THE GLAZEBROOKS

Jill said...

Way to go Esther!!! I've taken a few pics of suspicious people in my neighborhood too! You Go GIRL!!! You never know when it will pay off! Plus those criminals need to know they'd better not mess with a stay-at-home MOM!!! :0)