LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Character Counts!

Madelyn's school focuses on character development. Every Wednesday they study a positive character value, such as responsibility or respect. The school had a "Character Counts" parade with all of the classes in the school. Madelyn's class had chants to learn and they made t-shirts at school. I, unfortunately didn't get to go to the parade because Michael's plane got in 45 minutes after the parade began and I wouldn't have had time to go to the parade and get to the airport. Apparently Madelyn's class was the best of all. Their class won the coveted bald eagle stuffed animal that is awarded on special occasions. (I can't remember the birds name.) I'm impressed that the school works to develop character in a world where good character is seriously lacking.
On Friday's the student's get to wear a collage t-shirt with their uniform bottoms. Madelyn wore her Clemson shirt this day.
Here is the t-shirt that she made for the parade. It has all the hands of the students. Madelyn's hand is the top green hand (because green is her favorite color right now).
The back of her shirt highlighted the good characteristic of "caring".
This is my absolute favorite way to do the girl's hair right now. I love it!

No comments: