LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"
The Glazebrook Family
The Glazebrook Family
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Is my house burning down?
I was on the computer doing some work a few minutes ago (about 10:15pm). I started to smell smoke. Miley had a nightlight in her room blow a few weeks ago and our toaster blew all the fuses in our kitchen this last week. So, I started freaking out. I thought the computer was going to blow up. I shut the computer down and unplugged the cords from the socket. Then I checked on the kids and went downstairs. There was a stronger smoke smell down there. There is also a haze in the entire house. I walked outside to see if maybe the building behind us was on fire or something and the smoke outside was overwhelming. But, I didn't see anything on fire or hear any fire engines. I went out front and the ashy, sooty, smokey air was prevalent out there too. I went back in and of course no news was on, so I turned on the computer. The major headline was that there was a mulch farm fire 12 blocks away. They said it started about 3 pm and it will probably burn for two more days. I hope it doesn't stay this bad the whole time. My eyes are watering, I have a headache (I have been fighting one already since yesterday), my house is filled with smoke, and even my hair smells like I've been standing next to a camp fire all night and I was outside for less than 5 minutes. This is crazy and absolutely aggravating. At least my house isn't the one burning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment