One of my resolutions for 2010 is to get all of my children to sleep all night in their own beds. We got to the point where they were all coming into our room every night and Michael and I would go sleep in other rooms. I usually got the couch. The bad thing is that no matter how many times we would move them back to their beds they would always get up (sometimes within 2 minutes and sometimes within 2 hours) and come back. Our big issue is that Miley has always hated the crib (like all of my children). The last time I put her in it she made herself throw up in order to get out. We decided the best thing to do would be to move Miley into Madelyn's room. We took the bed from Merrick's room, which is the other half of the bunk bed, and put it in Madelyn's room. We had to get Merrick a new bed. Here are some pictures of the girl's room and Merrick's new bunk in his room. Madelyn has done really well sleeping on the top bunk and Miley either sleeps in her bed or comes in with me at 5 or 6 am. Merrick slept in his bed all night 2 nights ago. He usually sleeps for a few hours and comes in at 1 or 2 and I try to put him back. It's a work in progress.
The Girl's room:
Merrick's room:
No comments:
Post a Comment