After we left Tedd and Emily's we had about a 40 minute drive home. Usually the kids fall asleep on the way home from their house. Wouldn't you know that Merrick was the only one to fall asleep. Miley and Madelyn were wide awake. This was a problem since Santa needed some major help putting things together. So, Christmas for Michael and I started about 1:30 in morning after a 2 hour nap and finally getting the girls to sleep. We didn't get the chance to go back to sleep. Luckily, Merrick is an early riser and it didn't take long after about 4:30 for Michael to get him to wake up. Miley hopped up and Madelyn was not so horrible to wake up. Madelyn is sort of like a teenager and can be devilish if she wakes up on the wrong side of the bed. We got a tepee from Mema and Pop in Texas and set that up in the living room. Merrick saw it downstairs as he was coming out of his room. His eyes were like saucers. At this point there was no keeping Miley upstairs. I tried, but she started throwing a fit and I truly did not want to deal with it after such lack of sleep. So, I tried to get in front of her to snap photos. Here is the picture progression from elf status to presents opened.
So, there you have it, Christmas 2009. It was actually cold Christmas Eve night. I usually take pictures of present opening at first, but I am not the kind of person who likes to snap pictures during the whole event. I want to enjoy them opening the presents instead of making them pose constantly. It took us until 7:30 to finish opening gifts. Then, Miley took a nap and luckily so did I. I think we all had a nice Christmas. Merrick loves all his gifts. Miley loves her easel. Madelyn loves LuLu better than anything. I got my Cricket! Michael got some nice gifts as well. We were very blessed and hope that everyone in blogging land had a wonderful Christmas also.
No comments:
Post a Comment