On Saturday we had our first game. I was so proud of our team. We were told that the team didn't come close to winning a game last season (even though you aren't supposed to keep score). Our kids scored at least 5 goals and they also scored 2 goals for the other team. I think everyone had fun. Michael is coaching and did a great job. Last year's coach is team coaching with Michael at the games and it works out really well as Michael is on the field with the kids and the other coach is staying with the other players and sending in substitutions as needed. I'm proud of Madelyn - because when she tries she does really well. We have to work on her being aggressive enough to try and get the ball when someone else is kicking. Here are some pictures from the first game:
LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"
The Glazebrook Family
The Glazebrook Family
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Soccer
The good thing about living in Phoenix is that the kids can play year round sports. Soccer started last week. We put Madelyn in but we opted to wait on Merrick as sometimes he gets tired of playing games. We had our first team practice last Tuesday. We decided to let Merrick practice with the team so that he could get prepared for next year. He did so awesome. He played soccer for the entire hour. He took direction and was even getting the ball away from other players. I wish we had put him in.
On Saturday we had our first game. I was so proud of our team. We were told that the team didn't come close to winning a game last season (even though you aren't supposed to keep score). Our kids scored at least 5 goals and they also scored 2 goals for the other team. I think everyone had fun. Michael is coaching and did a great job. Last year's coach is team coaching with Michael at the games and it works out really well as Michael is on the field with the kids and the other coach is staying with the other players and sending in substitutions as needed. I'm proud of Madelyn - because when she tries she does really well. We have to work on her being aggressive enough to try and get the ball when someone else is kicking. Here are some pictures from the first game:
On Saturday we had our first game. I was so proud of our team. We were told that the team didn't come close to winning a game last season (even though you aren't supposed to keep score). Our kids scored at least 5 goals and they also scored 2 goals for the other team. I think everyone had fun. Michael is coaching and did a great job. Last year's coach is team coaching with Michael at the games and it works out really well as Michael is on the field with the kids and the other coach is staying with the other players and sending in substitutions as needed. I'm proud of Madelyn - because when she tries she does really well. We have to work on her being aggressive enough to try and get the ball when someone else is kicking. Here are some pictures from the first game:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment