I finally finished our Nauvoo wall collage that we planned for when we were sealed in the Nauvoo temple 6 years ago. Wow, time flies. We were sealed in the temple on January 10, 2004. Madelyn was born 4 months later. It was so wonderful to be able to go back to the place I spent so much time as a child. I remember looking at the temple lot with the replica of the temple on the pedestal and thinking they would never rebuild it. We were blessed to be able to go through the open house in 2002. After that, we knew that Nauvoo was "our" temple. We could have gone to the Atlanta temple in about 30 minutes time, but we decided instead to drive the 13 hours up to Nauvoo. It was wonderful to go through the town. There was snow on the ground and we had almost the whole town to ourselves. The missionary couples were so excited to see people that we almost got on a first name basis with all of them. I love Nauvoo and am glad that I got to grow up there and experience all the wonderful history it has to offer (minus the mayfly’s cause they are just gross).
Day
Dusk
Night
The Nauvoo stain glass stars. Michael got these from Nauvoo last year for me. They are exactly like the one's on the temple. I put up two on the wall - one for him and one for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment