LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Caym Caym

My poor puppy. The day that we got home from our trip to Florida I saw a lump on one of Cayman's ribs. It hadn't been there before we left because I had cut her nails the day before we left and I hadn't seen it. It is hard as a rock. I noticed it because she was hanging her head and acting very sick. We asked our friend who watched her if they noticed anything and they let us know that for a day or two she seemed sick and then she was back to her peppy self.

After consulting with my Mom and Michael, I decided to find a new vet (I have not found a good one since we left Georgia). I found one across town in Tempe (Rural Animal Clinic) and they got her in. We thought, after the exam, that it is probably a tumor. There was a chance that it could be harmless or we could pay to have chemo and it would not be inexpensive. I talked to Michael and we decided that we could not pay to give chemo to an almost 10 year old dog. We decided to just wait and see.
 You can see it right behind her right front leg.

No comments: