LIVING IN "THE LIVABLE FOREST"

The Glazebrook Family

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Disney Hollywood Studios

They've changed the name of the MGM Studios to the Disney Hollywood Studios. They have more of the shows at this park. There was a small chance of rain this day and I had grabbed Miley, Merrick, and Madelyn ponchos at the Target that is across from Orange Lake Resorts where we were staying. I had also brought a rain jacket for the baby and I. We didn't have coats for Michael and Zander and Pam. (This will be important later).
I hate this ride so much. Before we had kids Michael talked me into going on this ride and I pretty much made a scene and asked to be taken off the ride (not one of my finer moments). A few years ago when we went to Disneyland I decided to overcome my fears of roller coasters and heights and going fast on rides and went on it because everyone said it was fun. Fun is a relative word for sure. There is nothing fun about rising out of your seat over and over as you are thrown up and down. I can say I will never go on this ride again. Once was one time too many. I will say that my kids are braver than me. Madelyn goes on it every time, but Merrick said the movie almost gave him a heart attack.
The Belle show is always good.






We ran into Sully and Mike Wuzowski from Monsters, Inc.
Its a Glazebrook kids' hug sandwich!

Here's Madelyn on the backlot tour.
 Here's Smiley Miley
 So glad that Daddy could take little man on some of the rides.
 A plane from the movie Pearl Harbor

 The Love Bug
 One of Walt Disney's jets
 Merrick was in Heaven looking at the Star Wars costumes.
 Here they are with the witches costumes from Enchanted
 Outside the Star Tours ride. Merrick was able to do almost every ride this time - he had so much fun!




 Here we were trying on hats at the big Mickey hat.

Here we are waiting for the amazing water/fire/light show, Fantasmic. I really wanted to see this show because it is so well done and they don't do it at Disneyland so who knows when we would be able to see it again. We had great seats- the fifth row (we didn't want to get wet). You can't see very well, but there were clouds in the sky. They delayed this show so many times. Every time a clap of thunder came we knew it would be at least 30 more minutes. They never cancelled the show, but they did a tiny light show. It was so sad since we sat there for at least 3 hours waiting for this thing. What I didn't mention was the torrential downpours that took place in between. The wind was kicking and we were soaked to the bone. That is why we decided to stay - why leave when you are already soaked and you've been waiting so long.

Here are the kids trying to pass the time singing and dancing.
Here is our take on Good Luck Charlie.

No comments: